Thursday 11 April 2013

THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS - book cover research

Covers from chasing-fireflies.com

As part of Puffin's Children's Classics Collection, eight different hardback editions were made of much-loved classic tales, including Wind in the Willows. These beautiful designs make these books something to treasure forever, which is feel is one of the most important factors when designing for children, and also for adults to purchase for their child.






Each book cover design takes the most memorable and important elements from the narrative, and uses them to create these stunning patterns. The books also feature a main focal illustration, which then creates the ideal space for the title of the story. The colours chosen for each cover, reflects the content and the themes of the stories inside, whilst also being extremely eye catching. The colour scheme makes these books idea for children, but they are also something that I would love to have within my collection. These are truly some of my favourite designs that I have found during my research, and I feel that they apply to some of the work that I have produced already within this module. I am hoping that they can be something that will inform my practice, and the way in which I produce illustration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment