Wednesday 3 April 2013

UK GREETINGS - illustration

Abi Hulatt



I decided to look at these illustrations mainly because of the use of colour. They are extremely vivid and bright and would stand out in a store environment, which is an essential part of the UK Greetings brief. By using relevant colours, but ones that are more intense, the design becomes much more eye catching. I also like the use of simple shapes within these illustrations, which are used to create and build up the final image. 

Rebecca Marshall



The above designs interested me as I wanted to incorporate hand drawn type into my own greetings cards. I feel that the use of hand written text on a card makes it much more personal and also much more playful. The brief wanted the type to stand out, and therefore this is one way of doing it. This was also compliment illustrations nicely. In the designs above, I really like how all the letters are joined together, making them fluid. I also find the curves and wiggles add a more positive vibe to the visuals.

Calico Melton

These illustrations caught my eye because of use of colour, and also their playful nature. The colours chosen are appropriate for the audience and reflect the age range they are intended for. The image on the left shows how stroke isn't always necessary, which is something i have always wanted to experiment with. You can also see that opacities have been used, as well as simple shapes, to create definition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment