Friday 10 January 2014

COP3 - design development

In order to develop my designs further and gain the desired aesthetic and layout, each individual piece of text and illustration will be printed, cut, stuck and scanned in order to figure out how I want the overall pages to look. Below are the scanned images.

Once scanned in, each image was separated in Photoshop, so that it could be worked with in Illustrator to create an appropriate layout. I wanted to use advances in the Internet and technology in order to aid my work, whilst also staying true to the methods of zine making. By initially building up layouts on paper using printed image and hand drawn text, I could then go on to digitise these in order to make them a higher quality, cleaning up my illustration and type so that it was legible to the user. Although this process seems rather lengthy, it allowed me to logically figure out my designs whilst staying organised.




















No comments:

Post a Comment