Saturday 28 December 2013

COP3 - Chelsea Petaja

Chelsea Pataja of Oh My Deer Handmades

Chelsea Pataja of Oh My Deer creates beautiful pieces using hand drawn type. I want to create work that is extremely personal in order to strengthen the connection made between myself and the audience. The work below is a great example of how hand drawn type can be used to create really stunning and fluid visuals. It shows how type can work scanned in as it is, and how it can work digitised also. As I don't have a great understanding of how to produce the best quality scans with my hand writing, I am going to use Illustrator to aid me and clean up my work. 

What particularly stands out to me is how dramatic the white type looks against the black background on one of the images below. As my entire publication will be black and white, I wanted to experiment with how I can use these two colours to balance out the overall aesthetic. I want to make it friendly, approachable and lighthearted in tone, and hand writing is perfect for this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment