Thursday 11 April 2013

WIND IN THE WILLOWS - imagery

As The Wind in the Willows was a book that I read during my childhood, as well as watching the movie, it wasn't particularly fresh in my mind. I therefore decided to collect together some visuals from google in order to gain a better understanding of the story. What I notice was, was that a lot of the images were in this sketchy, hand drawn style, filled in with watercolour. This is obviously reflective of the time the book was published. Although I may consider using this style within my own work, I feel that the whole reason behind the brief is to sort of modernise the story and the cover, and therefore this my be the wrong direction to go in. It has been helpful, however, to look at a tonne of images as it has reminded me of the different events within the story, as well as the different characters involved. 







No comments:

Post a Comment