Friday 12 April 2013

THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS - research

Erik Krenz

This was a rather strange find. These beautiful illustrations were on a blog, and were done illustrator Erik Krenz. I thought they were absolutely wonderful and was really interested in the detail and watercolour methods used. They reflected the personalities and mannerisms of the characters perfectly, as well as telling the story through them. I therefore wanted to see some of his other work, in order to gain further inspiration. I then found that he produced a really strange mix of artwork. A lot of his stuff was done in a similar style, however, he has also created a lot of rather odd work featuring Pikachu and Link from Zelda. Although this shows he evidently has a vast array of interests, his way of working really differed throughout his portfolio. Despite this, I will still use this to help me form my ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment